Monday 16 July 2018

Blimey!

This image was sent to me from Russia, from a clinic helping my
friend with MS. I send my blog back with Love! 



12 hours and counting!
I had that last MRI, that one that had contrast, and nearly tipped me over...
I was lying flat on my back, with my legs raised over a box, and two heavy mechanical blankets over my chest and tummy, earplugs and ear defenders on. Easy Peazy! And the fan blowing cold air into the tunnel caused my legs to feel like I was being sprayed with ice!
As I say, I had ear plugs in and they placed ear defenders over my ears. Then the bed moved in and out a few times, before somebody spoke to me? Mumble, mumble, hold your breath till mumble mumble! What?!? And then the tube moved again. Breathe out, mumble, mumble, hold your breath. Eh?!? This happened a few times and I squeezed the help thing.
What’s up? I am freezing and I can’t understand the instructions! Or hold my breath that long??? We’ll put the sound up.
A blanket was draped over my feet. And a few more goes of moving me and giving instructions I couldn’t understand fully, either they gave up on me or got something usable. And the bed was rolled out of the tunnel seconds before I pressed the damn button again, or threw the really heavy mat things off!
Fifteen minutes? That wasn’t fifteen bleeping minutes and I was so close to screaming. I didn’t have - I was not even close - anything close to a panic attack. I have friends whose panic and anxiety is very real, but today I really came close to understanding the escape reflex that they must get. Hopefully, the plastic surgeon now has the images he needs and I never have to go through that again!

No comments:

Post a Comment