Thursday 20 April 2017

April has been busy!

20 April, 2017
Recycling and hoping
It has been a busy old month of April, and despite being sunny, it has not warmed up over Easter like we had hoped. Now there is a rogue forecast of snow in the next week! Do I need to panic and cover the delicates? I seriously hope not! 
We have reused an old shed in our garden and unpacked things we've had in storage boxes. There is the hope amongst my little ones that it can be slept in overnight: watch this space! Two little clematis were planted by that shed and now they'll be bookmarked by the sea-green painted shed. D located proper locks and handles on other sheds which could be repurposed and reused.


  
The garden section of the DIY centre had a deal on with two pots of coloured shed/fence paint so it meant we had a little left over to allow my girls to paint the slightly tired wooden furniture around the garden. 
Still working on moving the old concrete bin, but it really has been neglected so it has some really good leaf mould and some really rotten twigs that seem to be impossible to break down. I will have to get some kind of compost tumbler machine. 


  

After the early Easter Holidays, I feel I need a rest to recover, so it might be a bit of reflection for the next couple of posts while I watch the weather forecasts! Happy gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment