Wednesday 26 April 2017

Weather Extremes in the UK

26th April, 2017
Snowing in April?
I've spent time living in Scotland, England, and the United States. Each have shown me weather extremes but having settled in Hertfordshire for seventeen years, I have enjoyed the best of English weather (mostly). However, the last few days have shown me examples of the extremes of living in the UK (and some similarities to the madness of MidWest America) and, to be honest, its a bit like being back in Scotland again.

Some of the things available in Poundland...
I bought some bargain plants this morning and I was thinking about writing about the cheapest places to buy them if you're willing to start small and treat them gently. There's a silver birch and a buddleia  I mentioned earlier, growing well in the back garden and I came back today from Wilkinson's, Morrisons, and Poundland with some hostas, an acer, wildlife seeds, heavy-duty gloves and a green bag for weeding. Excited, muchly.
and the plants in Wilko's aren't bad either. 

And then the skies opened and let rip with all nature of downfall; rain only being one version. And my inclination for planting disappeared... and then the sun came out and I thought the earth will be soft, so I got myself ready to go out... only to find the rain on again and heavier! To say nothing of the school phoning to ask why I hadn't (don't tell my other half!) picked up Squeaky...


Lightweight outdoor tubs.

Some of the bargains that made it home with me.

Weedkillers in Poundland.
Hoping, all my fingers and toes crossed that it gets a bit nicer again tomorrow or Friday for... Knebworth, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment