Sunday 21 May 2017

May munching!

21st May, 2017
Days off!
We've had countless days of rain, so much I feel close to my Scottish friends and relatives! But today I had a very lovely day out, and it (the weather) was so nice, I should have been gardening! Lots was done in my absence, the kids had a picnic, spreading the picnic blanket over the bumpy grass, and I had a lovely lunch with our local MS Friends group. You can tell summer is coming when 8 out of 12 had Eton Mess for dessert.
Eton Mess at the Cricketers.

Violas

I spotted bees here but think the camera was too slow.

Honey bees mad for the Angelica blossom.


Coming home I took a walk around just taking in the plants and flowers. A friend gave us the gorgeous deep purple red clematis and there are loads of Californian poppies which are sunshine orange. Plus, I was able to find lots of wild flowers dotted all over (we still need to fix that lawnmower) - buttercups and periwinkle - and we have a bees' nest under a shed so they are obviously finding enough pollen to stick around despite my dandelion purging...
We are just awaiting the last bits on the barbecue to finish off before sitting down to the next bit of tastiness to my day. Cheers!

P.S. I am going to post a separate piece I wrote during the week about one of my bugbears, insomnia, after I had a conversation with Matthew and Helen about how common it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment