Saturday 17 June 2017

Garden Fest: In Retrospect!

17th June, 2017
Watching it back on telly!
I managed to go to work yesterday but left in a tired out heap by 8pm, I settled down to watch what I missed of the Gardener's World show!
And now I understand some of the annoying crowds that were impossible to pass: there were a lot of interviews and presenter's opinions, which help to explain some of the gardens, which were obviously what the crowds were following. I am not a wanna-be and am quite happy to hide behind the camera, so the photos that follow include some that my friend Jacqui took, as my inexperience with my new camera led to me taking a lot of unfortunately useless shots, which were tinted blue...
I will try and fill in the detail of some of the people and companies I saw and spoke to which I didn't post on the 16th, so desperate I was to get something blogged!

Peony birthday cake
Schoolchildrens' wheelbarrows
I didn't win!
Does anyone recognise the hat?

Escaping the NEC!


That'll be Joe Swift then?
Behind the lady...









A covered VegTrug. Now that is a wishlist item...




That'll be buying alliums, schubertii and
christophii, for the record.





That'll be the show gardens getting
watered at the end of the day...


The MS Society garden with some bits that made
this wobbly warrior nervous when I was invited on the plot.


Worth repeating...

The presenting team...

The production team shot...

...several times.





Lights, mikes, action...


Sound checks?


You need a steady hand
with cameras that big!

That'll be the instructions for my Allium bulbs.
When I was in St Albans I sent for some
from this grower so I know the pedigree!


Cottage garden, here I come! And
I like dark red/brown flowers, what can I say?

Jacqui queuing for drinks
from the aromatic coffee/tea bar.

The two chaps sitting next to their mobility chair were
sure we were taking pics of their purchases, but we were
both intrigued by the way the scooter was stacked with
their purchases.



A healthy falafel.



Supplies...







No comments:

Post a Comment