Friday 13 October 2017

Memory lost: appeals for a new one?



Middle of October, 2017
September bloom
Apologies are due to just about everyone...

MS plays with you at the best and worst of times. I have lots going on, and its hard to keep track of my desires and needs and appointments when it seems like everyone has been taking a piece of me too.
I have a 10-year-old going through secondary applications, and I want to support her choices in the best ways I can. School is different for me as I was in the Scottish system through to university, and despite studying in the US and London, I feel I want to understand the English system and how it affects my children. Herts has some amazing schools and it's hard not to fall into the competitive world of 'will she/won't she' get into the most sought-after schools if she chooses them.


 However, that is a preamble to admitting my eye was off the ball and I missed an event I was planning to go to at Shuttleworth, and the friend I was going with had to do jury service... we had a bit of a technology fail as the booking I should have made online disappeared, the tickets I had didn't have dates on them, and it was maybe fate stepped in and I missed the lunch with the Head Gardener.

I had so many questions, and was planning to try to use them to write another blog. If you want to see Shuttleworth Swiss Garden I did show you the peacocks much earlier in the year.
While sitting here, I realised that the gardeners next door have deposited the sleepers our neighbours' have given me. But I didn't realise the noise was related to the huge timbers being deposited into the garden. Not where we wanted them but c'est la vie! there are enough bits to do a huge raised bed. Its happening, slowly, but things on my wishlist are appearing in the garden.
Meanwhile, builders' quotes for the work we need doing in the house are ranging from the sublime to the astronomical... a seating area to help with the groundwater drainage will have to involve our own hard work, but it may help the damp!
It never rains (when the roofers are doing their thing)  but this October it has poured in Letchworth!
Shuttleworth residents

No comments:

Post a Comment