Saturday 26 May 2018

A new garden centre...


25May 2018

This weekend involves lots of food and it taking my mind off surgeries and biopsies. We went round the Letchworth Food Festival and had lovely Spanish churros. Then I lunched with MS Friends, a group where the local MS Society group subsidises lunch for people with MS at a super pub in Henlow. My youngest spent lunch up a tree but had a healthy fruit salad with her ice cream!


garden centre cat



We visited the garden centre we had not been to before which had amazing window box plants, in amazing oranges, reds, and tricolour perlargoniums. They had beautiful olive, oranges and lemon trees too.
Purple aquilegia in our garden

Tree climbing over lunch
n
Eton mess
Spiky allium I think is called Christophii

I have said our garden is overgrown but finding treasures poking up between the green stuff adds to the pleasures of the garden. I did try to eradicate some of the pink in our palette but finding it looks better in small bunches with my special spiky alliums coming up between. I found my husband still expects me to try and grow fruit and veg in my planters but I had planted more flowers and am hopeful of them lasting a bit longer if we cover the plants in the winter.
Spiky shiny allium peeking through other plants



No comments:

Post a Comment