Wednesday 23 May 2018

Insomnia every time I go to bed???

23 May 2018
Temporary Highs and Lows in my Rollercoaster World
It's not that brilliant being someone who goes to bed feeling SO shattered I feel I could sleep for a week and twenty minutes after my other half is gently snoring I have given up trying to even close my eyes. Insomnia is a killer, a ninja warrior, and I find myself trying to make sense of it on the computer, which really isn't an answer as anybody who's studied sleep disorders knows that computer glow really doesn't help.
Hey it's been an ok day today (at 23.59 I should maybe rephrase?)  as I did a bit of invigilation work, I've been to Sports day at my oldest's school, I got my rubbish packed up in a van by Love Your Junk a local company, and instead of plastic everywhere I now have an expanse of ... well, an open space in the back garden. But having typed that I've killed a few minutes metaphorically and I'm now wondering whether I can try to go back to bed?
Also, a weird thing happened, as my oldest got offered a place at an alternate secondary school on her wish list and she wants to go there. I was happy with the first one but I am also happy to go with her choices. Currently, she doesn't know anyone who is going there, but she preferred it to her third choice which we had accepted. I wonder whether, as well, she got bumped up the list, as she had put the closest school third, this school second and nationally they are trying to say everyone got at least their second choice. Others we spoke to today were a bit miffed they hadn't been offered this school instead of the one we didn't put down (well, we hadn't chosen to put it down for a reason?). It's all a complicated game in this 22nd-century world and I don't find my bridge hand is good enough generally. 
I can't help thinking that my wish that things in 2018 needed to start improving may well have been heard? They just need to now find me a regular job, please.


Mountains have disappeared...

Roof tiles have disappeared.

A few screws went into
the making of this pot holder...




















PS: And its now 2 hours later and the wind is banging that side gate really hard, banging and clattering made me get up and check. Weirdness but no culprits to be seen. A neighbour said he has seen foxes in their garden and maybe we have blocked a foxes escape route but no sign of anything when the lights went on...

No comments:

Post a Comment