Sunday 20 May 2018

Colours everywhere!

Royal wedding weekend!
Lots of people got caught up in the hype over the Royal Wedding and I have to admit to lumps in my throat at times. But it also brought home to me that I am not in a terrible place really. I do have so much to be thankful for. We have made a home in Letchworth and there are many reasons it works for us as a family. I have a temporary health condition to deal with but I will, and life will go on.
I can pull things out in the garden on an endless loop and the things I plant will either like it or shrivel up. The winter running late with really cold patches did for some of last years plants, but others are coming back up fitter than when I put them in. Gorgeous clematis we planted when we moved in have grown back stronger this year, and I think we will need to be smart and scour the local FB sites for slabs people are giving up and track down bargain gravel stockists. My grass needs taming - at the moment it is growing madly in places which makes me wonder if the lawn is semi couch grass? I definitely want the garden to taken on a different vision but my budget is still minuscule and the things I can do are going to have to be creative. I don’t do long term plans very well. We still have four sheds after 3 years and that was the first thing on my wish List? I was going to get rid of plants but we still have many of the ones I planned to cull.








No comments:

Post a Comment