Friday 18 May 2018

Who can stay miserable on a glorious day?

This is inside our shed...
Mid May 2018
And it’s threatening to be hot, hot, hot!
I have finally spent some time in the garden - at my daughter’s school they have great big raised beds for every class, and I helped the kids weed for all of fifteen minutes but I made my daughter very happy. Nothing like that for lifting my melancholic gloom.
I came home and decided that must be what I spend at least an hour doing, but I get home and I get distracted from the task I set out to do. The garden is getting cleared on Tuesday. A helpful company I have discovered through our gate man (yes we have terribly sturdy new gates from a local carpenter, Michael who I also found online at Next Door dot com!) called Love Your Junk is coming to clear the puddle of stuff outside the house. Yay,yay, yay! Life is moving, some of it in the right direction.
We have beautiful acquilegias coming up all over, the bulbs I got last year have been amazing and I need to plant the two trees I got in the supermarket. I can’t be gloomy!
The news is full of Royal Weddings and one wonders what nasties the government is slipping through? It’s difficult to find out when the mainstream press is owned by far flung billionaires with their own oh so money grabbing agendas. People with MS sometimes hit the headlines but often for the wrong reasons. The half? sister of Meghan Markle has MS but she is not coming to Windsor. She has made her own headlines but I haven’t read any of it - it’s not going to be something I am agog about.
I’ve also planted some things today. We got some bulbs at Knebworth and a couple of trees from Morrison’s (well we have lost a horse chestnut so we can grow something quite big.) I’ll probably get queried over my placement of the trees but I am an organic gardener - I grow things where I like!
And after gardening I had lunch with a fellow MS Warrior who has gone through a recent lumpectomy at the same hospital as I attend. We talked for ages and it’s good to have someone watching out for you who has knowledge in common. We are similar but different. Which is what makes for good shared experiences. I almost missed the bus, but all was well chez moi.
Side gate



Alliums were added...


Side gate





Things are still emerging from the earth.







No comments:

Post a Comment