Monday 11 June 2018

Pondering...

Rhubarb just keeps growing.

A favourite shot I stole
from my Scottish friends...

11th June 2018
Telling people good news or bad?
Reactions to my surgery have left me bemused this weekend. I announced my hospital visits on FB and my blog and old friends by text/phone. We live in such a world that so much of our communication is digital and we feel sure that the message is out there, but this weekend proved it truly isn’t. We really are distant ships (even tankers?) passing in the night.
I’ve been blogging for a year, and I have had over 6000 views of my humble little page but many of my friends don’t seem to know about it, or read it. It has a gardening bent so that probably puts most off (it didn’t get me any tickets to the RHS shows...) and it is populated by flowers on the whole and incomplete captions, but I do try to write about other things and my breast lump was a big thing, taking over my sometimes muddled MS brain in a way I couldn’t have foreseen.
But this has been ongoing now for some time and it feels exhausting when someone says ‘but I didn’t know?’...
And creeping through a number of comments, and something my dear husband also said ‘but you’ve got MS, isn’t that enough?’ Well MS didn’t give me a Get out of Jail Free card, and the MS forums are full of people struggling with a full pack of Jokers, or multiple selections of debilitating and nasty conditions closely linked to their auto-immune systems failing to cope. Maybe there is something that could be affecting us all, but the search for innumerable medications seems to be forgetting to look at the causes, and whether our lifestyles are causing some of the problems?
Lastly, from family largely, there are the ideas that DCIS doesn’t need operating because it is currently benign. I am not going to make this go away by meditation. I don’t have the funds to eat wholly organic or the inclination to subsist on vegetables and grains. Much as I hate being negative, that simply is not the way I - me, myself and I - will conquer this current challenge! Offer me help and support by all means, as I do know we’ll need it.
Love to all you readers out there.

Bees love these foxgloves.



No comments:

Post a Comment