Saturday 9 June 2018

Endearing myself to Surgeons!






9th June 2018


Purple and pretty


Plastics...
I haven’t been so embarrassed before but I’ve never had to go to see a plastic surgeon before. It’s all a bit overwhelming really but I am flustered to relate that I was being doodled to in a charming dr styley doodle in my notes kind of way when I felt my temperature rise and the gorge rise in the back of my throat. Get me flat! A tray was found (not a papier-mache cup) and the nurse was summoned. Oh dear! I had been described how the operation will proceed, and it is proceeding post haste, by July no less.
No hanging about when the cells could turn nasty at any second! I have to think but it’s all thinking about how to make sure my girls are least disrupted... rather than thinking about me? And that was something the surgeon was concerned with as he doesn’t know how the op will affect my MS. Otherwise I am a perfect candidate for the DIEP flap, and he showed me pictures. It was the bit about keeping veins alive when tissue is swapped over that was the point he abandoned his descriptions for overdramatic me. 
Four days in hospital may stretch if I relapse? I am going to have to think about help and what can be done in advance. It will be worse than a Caesarian?  But there is something he’ll do to repair the muscles that didn’t pop back after childbirth.
We need to finish and tidy the house! Need that shower room to be functioning rather than the old bathtub. Garage sale to clear stuff! Oh boy seriously flapping now...

No comments:

Post a Comment