Wednesday 1 August 2018

August already!

1st August 2018
Wormery or compost bin?
I never thought that might be an option, but my mum is spending another week here and has been pulling up overgrown areas I haven’t touched in the months of our annus horribilus that 2018 became. We now have bags of weeds and they should go somewhere. The leftover wood from the extension has been hidden from the main path.





I really can’t lift anything for six weeks (entire school holidays to most parents) and it’s going to be tough. On a positive note, deadheading those roses has given us double blooms! There are positives in the wizened and dry landscape. And boy do we have bees, I counted ten on the lavender bush yesterday. I got some gardening magazines while in hospital and it’s really inspired me to think the small steps I have taken are part way towards turning the garden into more than a football pitch. We must,however, make it safe, the littlest ended up with a sharp splinter in her foot a couple of days ago but again it’s knowing what to target first.
My hubby has shown an interest in helping me with the tech of my blog, maybe positive change is afoot after all. My surgery has left me tired and uncomfortable but it’s not taken my spirit!




F



No comments:

Post a Comment