Sunday 5 August 2018

A new reality!

5th August 2018
Limitations have increased...


I wasn't expecting this! Strange but true... I have had operations before but never really experienced the likes of this! Lift nothing is scary to someone who usually muddles through and does what she can, but the pain is extreme now if I forget and try to be normal. And that is weird for an MSer to admit. I try to be as normal (what does that even mean???) as possible. I try to do what I can but two nearly three weeks in and the limitations I have are extreme. My youngest admitted to me today that she was scared when I was in hospital. Ouch!
The school holidays are going to be that bit stranger for the girls. Slinging a handbag over my shoulder (hurts), and speeding into town takes just that little bit more effort (not driving) and despite my best efforts we haven't got the girls signed up to anything, and that afternoon spent in Lister paediatrics, the Wednesday before my operation, took away the time I was going to spend trying to sign the girls up to holiday fun...
Granny has gone back to Scotland, and two weeks of being looked after are fading into a lovely memory. I am slightly more able but nowhere near enough to lift my impatience. I am sleeping better which means my long-suffering husband is able to sleep better too. If it gets too much he can always send me to the shed granny just vacated?
Piles of dry plants have been pulled up and I think we might need to look at getting our garden waste collected and pay, or we will be sending tumbleweeds over the town. The area we were clearing for a compost heap now has been filled up with cuttings and the brambles will take over if I can't lift them.
Talk has been made of a cycle ride (the other three, not me) but later on when I am likely to be bushed. Naptime for me then. Back to my kindle, perched on a pillow as I can't really prop it on my sore bits, and I am still having to lie on my back. This will improve/change, please?
Brambles have been giving
lots of fruit for my youngest to eat.

Second blooms for the rose bushes...
Hubbie checked these
are not weed type lilies... 

No comments:

Post a Comment