Tuesday 18 September 2018

Kew Gardens, September 2018



18th September, 2018
More walking and the kids did double!
We went to Kew Gardens with friends at the weekend, and I am still recovering! It was mind-blowing, exhausting and the kids did double the distance we did. They also spent a long time in the children's play area and until we found them we didn't realise they loved lentils so much!
Lentils!
Amazing colours and foliage everywhere, and don’t forget the dragons! We walked to the Japanese Pagoda, and we walked round the Zen Gardens, But with four not yet teenagers we didn’t stop long for contemplation anywhere.
The glass houses are astonishing and the temperatures hit me but only when we came outside again.



I wasn’t expecting to see Piranhas either, but we did! They are ugly looking creatures too, and grumpy looking. I couldn’t get over the many hands tempting fate at the pond edges but hey they aren’t the vicious version. So that’s okay then...
We had a picnic by a rather stunning sculpture and hidden from busyness...
The step counter was on because I wanted to track this day and at 12,000 steps wandering round Kew was significantly more steps than I’ve done in all my recovery. But what a day!



No comments:

Post a Comment