Tuesday 25 September 2018

Sunny September!





Smallest Daughter's plan

Oldest Daughter's plan – See the symmetry?

25th September 2018
The sun has got his hat on!And he has shaken off my glums... I have to apologise for my mood when I drafted my last blog but insomnia does that to me! I couldn’t see the good that surrounds me and I was very hacked off. I’ve had serious surgery and no one promised me it would be easy, in fact I was warned - and my reaction and experiences after the op when I wasn’t myself - should have prepared us all for a major slump. And the fact that I’ve only had a couple of wobbles is pretty good. 




So it’s onwards and upwards. Even bits around the house are showing improvement. Hubby grouted the tiles in the new bathroom, the render has been sealed and lots of plants seem to be thriving being neglected, so that must be my mantra for next year. Let it grow and see what comes? If I prune it, berries will come. We have lots to do but I will try and curb my impatience and enjoy the good bits of what we have.
The girls drew little plans one day I was wiped out and they have requested to design and build a flower bed with a cherry tree and poppies in. Well I have poppy seeds from Branklyn Gardens to plant and maybe I can stretch to a cherry tree if I shop wisely? We can put this new bed in the front garden and it will benefit the passersby. I will just avoid ingesting any of the seeds in future given my opium reaction. These poppies are for viewing!
Big chunks of the tree trunk behind the shed have also been attacked with the chainsaw and the compost bin we free-cycled for apples has been filled. I think we knew the garden was a project but didn’t think it would have to be on a slow burner. C’est la vie!



No comments:

Post a Comment