Saturday 6 May 2017

Eek Moments!


The hidden barbecue...
     

5th May, 2017
Hiding from the election!
I started to tidy the house - sadly neglected after busy planting months - but I couldn't bear the radio bleating on about why the council election has turned out the way it has... I could turn this into a political blog but you'd turn off in droves! So then I started thinking about the stuff I am not showing you - the neglected infrastructure of the garden. Two sheds are only fit for skipping but despite this we keep filling them up but they really aren't holding the essentials. Skip hire, please!
Untidy house, untidy sheds... the need for a great big skip is high, but as soon as I turf anything out, that'll be when we discover a need! So we'll both be hoarders for as long as we breathe, but it (the grand dreams) all require both muscle and wealth. The concrete paths and decrepit sheds are crumbling and hiding ants and honey bees. And some of those bees are whoppers and sticking around despite the dandelion purges. So I must be replacing them with good alternatives. 
Ants are coming into our living room/lounge/sitting room in droves so that is something I need to also challenge as I don't fancy it getting worse if/when the warm weather hits!
Smallest leaking shed! it has all my gardening stuff...
I now have a home office but with no electricity, I use it for contemplation more than anything else. It has some of my gardening books and there is space for some more that I chanced upon in my local independent bookstore which deals with mindfulness and gardening or how to construct your garden. Most of the most known gardeners admit to making gardening mistakes for which mindfulness allows us to be reflective on why our purchases were perhaps mistaken in the first place. I will perhaps try putting together some book reviews (I was an editor in a past life...) and passing on some of the finds.
Anybody fancy a flower show this year? I feel an escape from it all might be nice!
Gravel has been dug into a trench around the house after bad floods proved that the garden slopes down to the house... now a weed trap!
We found birdhouses on their sides and our gas barbecue is slightly unused after we discovered a barbecue constructed of bricks...
...a shed too damp for storing firewood...

No comments:

Post a Comment