Thursday 29 March 2018

Market research...




27/3/18
 



Chocolate eating?
It’s nearly Easter break and all is happening either too fast or too slow and it’s a little one's birthday tomorrow... so I am escaping into London to do some Market Research. Or rather someone is paying me to go in and answer some questions about MS and I get paid. I’ve done a few of these in my eleven years diagnosed and they just reinforce how similar and different MSers experience is. But I have charged gadgets and D printed out a map.
When I moved down to London in the 90s, I jumped on and off public transport and spent hours going from one place to the other and visiting exhibitions and going to shows, eating out and spending so little time in my many different flatshares. Nowadays it’s a whole different period of my life and we have very little spare money, and it’s difficult to justify living this close to London if we don’t try to make it part of our lives. 
Now I am reluctant to use the Underground and plan journeys walking and by bus, which given its public transport system, is no bad thing!
As you know, I am only partly employed and spend a lot of time popping around North Herts as an exam invigilator which is something I have become so used to doing it’s not a difficult job but my pocket could really do with earning more, hence the market research. It’s an evening one which means no babysitter required but I’ve left the house without taking my Tec(fidera) and I will just have to see if a late night train gets me grazing for something to eat it with when I get home...
The train is now approaching Finsbury Park and one of my journeys suggested on Google said change here and go to Euston but it’s the age old issue that actually walking from Kings Cross is fifteen minutes maximum. Get my steps in that way too.
And I signed a confidentiality agreement so I can tell you NADA! But actually it was just like getting five ladies in for a chat, and talking about stuff we don’t get the chance to face-to-face and in a comfortable room. We all had brain fog moments and things on the tip of our tongues... Leaving the offices at nearly ten pm was an eye opener as to why I do the commute so little, but reminds me of my younger self and the manic way I lived once.
We’ve agreed to stay in touch (if I can master What’s App) and the plan is to meet up again.
And I ran for the train and now I need to know whether to brave the toilet on the train... disadvantages of being an hour from Kings Cross? Braving the toilet on the train...
My step counter was up to 19,000 yesterday and I feel it in every part of me, and I have a birthday girl to entertain and chocolate to consume. Happy Easter and Adios x

No comments:

Post a Comment