Wednesday 27 June 2018

Tropical June!

27th June 2018
Overheating




This month has been overhot. I’m British and we traditionally complain about the weather? But my MS has been in overdrive. I have the stress of a mastectomy and the overdrive to try and finish some of the jobs I started after our extension was finished and now will need that shower to be finished or they might not let me home... That was something I hadn’t considered when trying to get things organised: if I can’t step over the bath side I need our new shower to be operational so that they can send me home. I don’t want to end up in hospital any longer than necessary! Blimey! Dan was thinking he’d get the outside of the house painted but the shower room needs grouting!
I nearly forgot? We had a garage sale and made money for charity and sold some brownies and cakes. My books didn’t sell as successfully but I wasn’t wanting to give stuff away. Unread books (mine) still in cellophane do not sell for 20p... I know what I paid for those books originally, even with Staff discount, so I’d feel happier giving them away to friends than professional boot sale operators. The day started out warm but ended up hot and I ended up pink. But think of the Vitamin D overload! I ended up with lots of things to pack away after but I was glad I raised some money and can donate to the MS Society.


No comments:

Post a Comment