Saturday 7 July 2018

Avoiding the football!

Garden centre Astromeria

Purple versions of my orange ones..

7th July 2018
Football Fever!

Slugs in modern literature..

U


Believe it or not, I thought England were playing tomorrow... but it explains the pleasantly busy gardens at Wimpole when we stopped off for lunch. We had been to a rather lovely garden centre at Waresley near Wimpole and decided to stop and eat our lunch at the gardens in Wimpole. A short wander through the shady woodland walk took us into the walled garden where I was in my element snapping true favourite perennials.
Also the TV last night featured one of my gardening heroes, Piet Oudolf who had been given a special garden area at Hampton Court. (I wanted to go but the heat would have been unbearable.) And the gardens at Wimpole are celebrating the input of John Soane, all designers who have been incredibly important to design history for such different reasons. The girls liked the compost facts about how the gardeners speeded up the composting process!
I remembered seeing the Rudyard Kipling quote about slugs when we were at Wimpole before, so I include it today. We got home in time to see the end of the football. Joys, there will be more to watch of that despite our disinterest!


Wimpole versions



Outside the gardener's cottage, Wimpole

Bees on the echinacea


No comments:

Post a Comment