Thursday 5 July 2018

MS and Hospitals...

5th July 2018
My MS


I have certain symptoms - things that don't vary from other peoples experiences with the MonSter - that I know what I am dealing with, but unexpected heat and unexpected stress has made my MS play nasty tricks on me. Flushes from my medication and insomnia on the hottest nights of the year are messing with me and making life unbearable - but that in itself makes me sound unlike myself, as I can't remember saying such a thing in recent memory.
Surgeons have asked whether my MS will be affected by surgery but I haven't got a clue - it may or may not go haywire, but the heat we are experiencing just now could be equally to blame. At least I'll be able to pull the air conditioner card out if needed as that was a purchase we made in the early MS diagnosis days which can be utilised to cool down the house, and the nurses said to me yesterday there isnt air con in the hospital, apart from the theatres.
I am mostly a calm individual, except when the kids are playing up, and I always look for positives in my glass-half-full life. But I feel so lethargic and glum, it's not easy to do that at the moment. I worked yesterday and was wiped out after, making me question what I am truly fit for. People post pictures of exotic holidays and I used to yearn for the escape from the day-to-day but if a heatwave here wipes me out, then Caribbean adventures are not going to help.
Our sun umbrella has fallen over out of its setting and I am not strong enough to fix it. I am feeling tingly from head to toe, meaning the watering cans are too heavy to lift and even using the strimmer feels like hard work today. While ignoring the dried out plants, I can share the unexpected blooms. I am on holiday from now...


No comments:

Post a Comment